November 10, 2008

Spiced Apple Apricot Muffins




I'm feeling like the heavens just opened up and dropped down some delightful muffins. Tonight I was getting ready to cook dinner, when a recipe from Karina's Kitchen landed in my inbox just in time to add to my dinner menu. I made many substitutions and surprisingly they worked very well. I liked that our boys could help with a few of the steps. They chopped nuts, greased the muffin pan, and whisked the flour.

Here is my version of Karina's Cinnamon Apple Muffins:

Spiced Apple Apricot Muffins

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Whisk together the dry ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour mix (2 cups chickpea flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca starch)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice

In a separate mixing bowl beat together:

1 cup natural apple apricot applesauce
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon vegetable glycerine
2 large eggs

Stir in:

1 1/2 cups chopped fresh Granny Smith Apples
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Spoon the batter into twelve muffin cups.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. About 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove the muffins and cool on a wire rack. (If you have the will power)

1 comment:

  1. I like the addition of apricot to the mix. Sounds delicious. Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin