December 24, 2008

A Special Christmas Memory




I like to remember the cute things the children have said over the years and usually it's their grandmothers who remind me of them. A few weeks ago while decorating for Christmas, I remembered a few years ago carefully placing all the pieces of the Children's Nativity set on the table and I left the room. Later, I walked back into the room to find them all laying down in a big pile. I pretended to not know what had happened, but I had a good idea that my son had been playing with them just like I had intended. I acted surprised to see them in such disarray and asked, "What has happened to the Nativity?" My son looked concerned and looked up at me with his big, brown eyes and seriously replied, "The glory of the Lord was so bright that they all fell down!" I just laughed. I hope you have precious memories of Christmases past and that you will make new memories that touch your heart.


Luke 2: 8-14

8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas!



1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a clever boy! Thanks for the chuckle!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin