July 10, 2009

Cherry Coconut Ice Cream



A few days ago I learned a lesson about cooking bacon in the oven. Do not have the oven rack in the lowest position or you will overheat the pan and grease will splash all in the oven and create a smoke-filled kitchen. Hmm...now I know why I like low-fat turkey bacon.

Since my oven is a hard worker for me, and I had created this smoky mess and burned on food, it was time to give my oven some special care and give it a good cleaning. I opened up the windows and let the self-cleaning feature do its thing.

The house got very warm and we needed a cold treat to comfort us.
This is the recipe we created to share with our special friends. The Cherry Coconut Ice Cream recipe was adapted from my "Frosty" that was posted in December. You will see pictures there of my Ice cream maker that makes this recipe very easy.


Cherry Coconut Ice Cream
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free, and Gluten-Free


3 cups organic coconut milk (low fat)
2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
4 Tablespoons agave nectar
10 drops of liquid stevia
3/4 cup organic frozen cherries, chopped

Combine all ingredients, except the cherries, in a large mixing bowl. Use a wire whisk to mix the liquid ingredients.

Turn on the Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker and pour in the liquid ingredients
(no cherries, yet). Leave running for 20 minutes. Turn off the machine and add the frozen cherries and turn back on for 5 minutes more. It is suggested to wait until the last 5 minutes before adding ingredients like cherries to protect the motor from overheating.

Lots of love and special blessings to you all.

This recipe is part of the blog carnival, What Can I Eat That's Gluten-Free, hosted by The Gluten-Free Homemaker.

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. We will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good night.
    My name is Sonia and I have a granddaughter of celiac six years.
    I profoundly admire your energy and your advancement, you're an example for me.

    Since my granddaughter was diagnosed, I dedicate much of my time to spread the Celiac Disease even unknown to many.
    I'm not as fantastic as your meals, but if I work to introduce legislation to protect the celiacs, proper labeling, gluten-free menus in schools ...
    There are a lot of work but everything is for a good cause
    "The right of celiac patients to a better life"
    thanks for your inspiration
    sonia gluten free

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just goes to show that us folks on a food-intolerance diet can still have flavorful treats--this looks and sounds amazing. :) The color is very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. I would make it with strawberries instead since I don't like cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ice cream looks delicious. I'm with you on the turkey bacon.

    Thanks for the encouragement on my new blog look and for telling me about the tabs. I had simply forgotten to fix that part. They are functional now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been eating dairy free for a few months now. I really appreciate this recipe! I LOVE ice cream, and coconut milk ice cream especially, so I'm excited to try this. Thanks!

    Bloggerwithocd blogs about the trials, tribulations and jubilations of living with OCD at www.itsmewithocd.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin