October 23, 2008

Debbie's Delicious and Easy Hazelnut Fruit Cobbler


I like to make this simple cobbler with the leftover bags of frozen fruit that I find in my freezer. You see we have a fruit lover in our house and he has a daily ritual of frozen fruit, but usually it's mangoes, so I'm safe to steal the rest. Tonight after he tasted this cobbler, he said that it would be fine for me to use some of his mangoes next time.

This is the same topping I use on my "Apple Pie" but using frozen fruit takes much less time and energy than peeling, cutting, and chopping apples. I'm all for low energy output, but great taste these days.

Debbie's Delicious and Easy Hazelnut Fruit Cobbler - Gluten, Dairy and Sugar-Free

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit

Filling:
2 cups of frozen organic fruit, thawed a bit (I like mostly blueberries, a few cherries, and a few peaches)
Pour into the bottom of a pie pan and set aside.

Topping:
1 cup Hazelnut meal (Bob's Red Mill)
3/4 cup arrowroot flour
3/8 cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
1/8 cup agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Using a food processor, mix all topping ingredients together until it forms a ball. Then crumble on top of the fruit.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is brown. Watch carefully because the top will brown very well with the agave nectar.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie - I was poking through my own blog and came across one of your comments, which reminded me to stop by here.

    I have been trying to make a sugar-free fruit topping that tastes like my Grandma Ruth's but it hasn't happened yet...I've not been able to replicate the carmelization that comes from the sugar. I am bookmarking this to try...it looks fantastic. And, I'm sure it would be great with mangoes.

    ReplyDelete

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin