August 27, 2009

I will dance

This week as I reminisce, I am feeling much like dancing. Ten years ago this week I had just returned home from the hospital after a splenectomy with hopes of restoring a life-threatening low platelet count. It was a very scary time. Now ten years later, it is wonderful to look back and see where I was then and how far I have come. My healing journey led me to many new experiences. I learned that the power God placed in us to heal along with natural medicine could revolutionize my health and life. It just makes me want to dance.

Since we are going to dance, we will need some music.... I love this song and like to play it over and over again. Don't worry I will not make you dance all those times! The words to this song touched me. Come dance with me...


Lyrics to I Will Dance by Phil Driscoll:
When I'm alone with You Lord,
the troubles seem to disappear
and the peace that comforts me
always comes when you are near
and the tears fill my eyes
when I stand in Your Presence
and Your overwhelming mercy
brings life to me

'Cause Your loves too much for my heart to contain
joy too much that my feet won't refrain
Your touches make me never be the same again mmhhm

So I'll dance
like the rain on the roof,
tell my soul that the Spirit's on the loose
don't know if anyone will understand,
feels like an angels gotta hold of my hand

So I'll dance...

7 comments:

  1. It is amazing what you have been through and that you are doing so well. God is so very faithful to us and he is truly blessing your efforts to be healthy.
    I am always amazed at all the delicious things you make and I've learned a great deal from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are so very kind, Rhonda. Thank you for coming over to "visit" with me! Yes, God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have come to a good place in life Debbie. Yay for you! Let's dance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful that I have found your blog. In addition to receiving great recipes, I receive a wonderful blessing through your sharing and inspirational words. We have all been blessed so that we can be a blessing to others. Thank you for using your spiritual gifts to enrich others' lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, we can both dance for many of the same reasons! :) Thanks for all your support that you have given me.

    Lynne, it is a pleasure to read your comments. I am blessed by your words. I just wish I had a way to contact you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is so kind and gracious to us all. Your story is a great testimony, and it makes we want to dance too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I wrote that granola bar recipe I couldn't remember where I had looked at some other good recipes. Now I remember it was here! I wish I would have added a link to you.

    ReplyDelete

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin