August 16, 2010

Watermelon Sorbet

This recipe brings many smiles at my house and I thought I should share it with you.   What could be better than cold, sweet watermelon on a hot and humid North Carolina day?  Well, the answer is.... watermelon sorbet.  How can you go wrong with something already so wonderful?




 Watermelon Sorbet

Ingredients:

about half a small, seedless watermelon- may be chilled ahead or refrigerate mixture after blending
 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
15 drops of liquid stevia
tiny pinch of sea salt


Blend watermelon in blender to make 3 cups of liquefied watermelon.
Add lemon juice, stevia and sea salt and blend until mixed.  
If watermelon was chilled ahead then you may continue to make your sorbet. 
If not, refrigerate the mixture approximately 1 hour or until chilled.
Pour into your ice cream maker and follow instructions. 
I used the Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt, Ice cream and Sorbet maker and it was done in 20 minutes.

This recipe was inspired by a recipe from Ania Catalano's book, Baking with Agave Nectar.  I adapted her recipe by using stevia instead of agave nectar and lemon juice instead of lime.  I also did not find it necessary to re-freeze the mixture in the freezer after the 20 minutes in my ice cream maker.  My family and friends enjoyed it.  My husband commented, "This is the best thing you have ever made in that ice cream maker."  Wonderful watermelon!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin