December 21, 2008

Isaiah 53:5

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

A little over two years ago on a Sunday morning our family went to church. Upon walking in the sanctuary, I noticed a strong odor of new paint and carpet. My husband turned to me and asked, "Are you alright, because I smell a strong odor?" I was keenly aware, but I wanted to be there. As long as I can remember I've always loved being in church. I told him that I was okay.

At the time I didn't know how much danger I was in. The chemical toxins from the new paint and carpet caused me serious cognitive impairment. My brain couldn't process how to find the books in the Bible. I had great difficulty concentrating and could not comprehend the message, but I stayed anyway.

I had problems with foggy brain in the past, but nothing like this.

I told my doctor about what happened and he got a serious look on his face and explained to me that my detox pathways were like the hard drive of a computer that was operating at full capacity. He said, "You should have gotten out of there!" Thankfully I didn't have a seizure or some serious problem while there.

I learned that multiple chemical sensitivity can happen silently in your body and you may not be aware of it. The detox pathways must have adequate vitamins and minerals to function properly. For example, magnesium alone is required for over 300 enzyme reactions to take place in the body. Just a few months before this episode, organic acid testing revealed that I was deficient in many B vitamins and I had started supplementing these along with many other supplements. This test revealed many issues that I could not possibly tackle all at once.

Now I was beginning to understand some of the issues that must have caused my chronic fatigue. The puzzle pieces were coming together faster than I was ready for them. I found out that the best treatment is avoidance along with proper nutrition to support my bodies' detox. This avoidance is the most difficult, because our world is continually emitting toxins everywhere. It also means I could not attend church. I was determined to spend my time in praise and worship anyway.

It was in my praise and worship time today that I searched through many CD's but I couldn't find the music, as we say in our house, that the angels were singing, until I found this song "You Are Worthy" from the Hillsong CD "For all you've done". It is beautiful and spoke to my heart. For without my Lord and Savior, Jesus, I wouldn't have healing in my body. My ability to write and think was greatly diminished and now I can write to you and know that all I have is because of Him.

I want to share this song with you, because I know that God wants me to share my story of healing and thanksgiving to Him for all He has done for me. As the song says, "In your presence I live, and with all I have to give I will worship you, honour you, glorify Your holy Name."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin