July 9, 2012

In Loving Memory....Heavenly Cherry Cashew Bars



My dear readers, it has been a tough few weeks.  My heart has been heavy with grief at the loss of both of my parents only six days apart. We have been surrounded by love overflowing  from a community of wonderful people who love my parents.  I kept thinking how we were receiving this love as a gift from the love my parents had given out that kept on blessing us even when they were not here.  That is just how my parents would have planned it if they could.  I find comfort that my parents are together with our Lord, forever and I know one day we will be reunited.  What a glorious day that will be!

As believers we believe in hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began!” (Titus 1:2) 
 
I am thankful for the wonderful gift God gave me of loving parents.  Their love for God and family shaped me and I am who I am because of all they taught me.  If you met my parents they would have made you feel like family. Their door was always open.


It has been hard to believe.  I know our lives have changed in ways that I can not even begin to think about. My childhood youth minister described this time in our life as "wading through the deep waters."  Yes, at times I feel just like that.  Those deep waters are heavy on my limbs as I press through. I realize my world will never be the same without them.  I am told time can ease the pains.  I trust God to comfort me through all of this.

In my grief and sorrow I took to the kitchen and used the little energy I could muster to create these bars.  I found healing in the midst of this creative moment. I didn't plan these, but just started mixing as the spirit lead me. Out of my grief these delicious bars came to birth.

I share these Heavenly Cherry Cashew Bars in loving memory of my dear and precious Moma and Daddy. 




Heavenly Cherry Cashew Bars

Mix all ingredients in a food processor:

1 1/2 cup raw cashews
1- 2.2 oz. bag of Bare Fruit 100% Organic Baked-Dried Cherries (about 1/2 cup) (optional)
1/4 cup dried & unsulphured Made in Nature Apricots
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
1/2 cup coconut creme concentrate
1/4 cup organic coconut oil expeller pressed
1 or 2 Tablespoons raw organic honey

Spread into a 8 x 8-inch square glass dish and refrigerate until ready to eat.  

16 comments:

  1. Dear Debbie,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Oh my gosh, just a few days apart. I know how hard it is to lose both parents.

    The thing that was the hardest for me was to look around and see that life went on, no matter how devastated I was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Journey...

      I understand what you are saying. At the close of the funeral I wasn't ready to take that step out of the aisle knowing it meant I had to go on...ready or not.

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Debbie, what a lovely tribute. Thank you so much for sharing your heart. I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you personally, but I follow your blog, and I just want to say that my heart goes out to you. I pray that God brings you and your family comfort and peace in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find God Each Day...

      I appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers. Thanks for following my blog and introducing yourself.

      Delete
  4. I have never met you but I am sorry for your loss. My thought and prayers will be with you and your family. I agree with My Journey with Candida . . . It was so hard to see that life went on even though I was devastated. Your tribute was wonderful. They would be very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda,

      I was very touched by your words. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  5. I know your parents were very special people because of the generous loving person they created. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy,

    Thank you so very much! You brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Debbie! I am so very very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you as you are grieving right now. I will definitely pray for you and your family.
    I can see why these bars would help you heal. They sound absolutely lovely.
    Take care. You will stay in my prayers. This must be so difficult...
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim,

    Prayers are precious gifts. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO many hugs and prayers to you Debbie! I am so very sorry for your loss. Your parents must have been truly amazing people. You are such an incredible example of real faith and I look up to you so much. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) so thankful for your friendship and for knowing you. And the bars do look healing and amazing. I've been toying with the idea of making my own coconut cream concentrate/coconut butter since finances are tight. I'll let you know how it goes. Much, much love to you dear sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie,

    You are so sweet!! Thank you for uplifting me with your prayers and kind words! I am so honored to know you and appreciate having a "sister" in Christ like you! I hope we can meet in person soon. Please let me know how making your own turns out.

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie,
    I hope things are going well for you. I hate to say this, but it does get easier. I don't know how long I cried everytime I thought of my Mom and Dad, but now when I think of them, I have good thoughts and memories.

    I think.... Hopefully this time I am finally healed. I have you linked with the NAC on my post I did. I kept getting people asking me how I healed so I tried to remember everything I did and made a post about it.
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/2012/08/burning-tongue-gone-ringing-in-ears.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing one parent would be hard enough. I can't imagine losing both of them so close together. I'm glad you have the comfort of knowing you will see them again one day. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs!!! P.S. Those bars look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin